Volunteering at Willow Wood is more than just a job; it’s a calling to help others.
At Willow Wood we are extremely grateful to our wonderful volunteering family. However, due to the lockdown and the closure of our shops, all volunteer recruitment is once again on hold.
If you'd like an informal chat about volunteering in the future please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 0161 330 1100 and ask for me.
In the meantime, please read some of our volunteer stories here, and look at the types of roles we will be looking for once normal service is resumed.
Lisa Pye, volunteer services manager.
Here at Willow Wood itself and within our retail operations, we currently have a wonderful team of over 600 volunteers, and there is always room for more!
Support from our volunteers allows us to continue to provide vital care for our patients.
There isn’t a department that would function as efficiently as it does without our volunteers continued support. Whether you’re answering the phone or gardening we have lots of great opportunities if you are interested in a voluntary position, and some of them are listed below:
- Day Hospice
- Hospice Shops
- Hospice Gardens
- Complementary Therapies
- Admin Staff
- Distribution Centre.
Not only is volunteering important to the Hospice, it is also highly beneficial for you.
- By volunteering with us, you can learn new skills and develop your knowledge.
- You can share your existing skills with other volunteers and our staff.
- You can meet new people, and benefit socially by working in a team.
- You can achieve satisfaction from giving something back to Willow Wood and the community.
- You help us raise the vital funds we need to enable us to care for our patients and their families.