Patient and Family Support
We offer practical, emotional and spiritual support to patients and their loved ones
Willow Wood offers practical, emotional and spiritual support to our patients, their families and close friends.
Willow Wood is an organisational member of the BACP and subscribes to the BACP ethical framework.
The Family Support Services team is made up of qualified psychotherapists, counsellors, and trained volunteers.
We offer the following:
- Adult Counselling can provide a space to talk about loss. Therapy groups and individual, face to face counselling is available.
- Child & Youth Counselling offers support to children and young people when there is significant illness in the family before and after bereavement.
- Bereavement Support offers a wide range of support to patients and their families, from emotional support to practical help.
- Spiritual Care relates to those things in which we find meaning, hope, love and purpose. For some it will be reflected in what they have achieved in life or the people who have been their key relationships. For some it may have a religious element expressed in a belief and practised through a particular faith. Our Chaplain meets regularly with patients, family members and friends, exploring questions or simply just being there.
- Services of Thanksgiving and Remembrance - Our Chaplain coordinates regular Services of Thanksgiving and Remembrance to allow our bereaved family and friends a chance to reflect upon and commemorate their loved ones.
For more information on our family support services please download a leaflet here.
Volunteering as a Counsellor
If you would like to volunteer as a counsellor at Willow Wood, and can commit to a minimum of one half day per week for a year, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for fully qualified counsellors, therapists or educational/clinical psychologists or those studying towards professional qualifications as detailed in this job description and person specification.
Please complete the Volunteer Application Form, and the Supplemental Application Form for Volunteer Counsellors and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.