At Willow Wood, we focus on the whole person, not just their symptoms, so we offer a wide range of complementary therapies, including aromatherapy and massage.
This service is for both day services and inpatients, and we also have an outpatients facility. The benefits of our complementary therapies include relaxation, balance, and a feeling of well being, which can in turn help to optimise quality of life. A course of therapies can relieve stress, and help you achieve a sense of well-being.
The list of complementary therapies Willow Wood offers are listed below:
- Aromatherapy – The use of aromatic oils, for the purpose of altering your mood.
- Massage – Working on the body to alleviate pain and promote relaxation.
- Reflexology – Applying pressure to the feet and hands, for the purpose of alleviating pain and relieving tension.
- Reiki – A healing technique that channels energy into the body, by means of touch, for the purpose of restoring physical and emotional wellbeing.
- Hair treatments – The Hospice has a volunteer hairdresser available for drop in sessions on Monday and Wednesdays.
For more information on how complementary therapy could help please download an information leaflet here.