What makes us special?
"They are kind and loving and so friendly. It’s a wonderful place."
- Willow Wood Hospice is set in a tranquil location and all of our Inpatient Unit rooms, as well as our Day Hospice, overlook our beautiful gardens.
- We aim to help everyone who passes through our doors to attain the best possible quality of life. Our care whether it be physical, psychological, social or spiritual also extends to families and partners.
- We offer a number of services including an Inpatient Unit, a well used Day Hospice, through to Dementia Support and Bereavement Counselling.
- We make no charge for any of our services and we receive patients from across the Tameside and Glossop area as well as their families and carers.
- Each of our patients has an individual care plan, tailored to suit their specific needs, and our aim is to help manage their symptoms and look to improve their quality of life.
- The Hospice has a high staff to patient ratio allowing us to have lots of time to provide essential support to our patients, their families and their carers.
- Our valued workforce is highly trained and our staff have all the relevant qualifications and extended certificates.
- We enjoy strong backing from the local community in Tameside and Glossop and are continually grateful for all the support that we receive from our wonderful and dedicated team of volunteers.
"Thank you for all the support you gave, not only to my dad, but to all my family as well. I couldn't have asked for a better goodbye."
"Thanks to Willow Wood, his last weeks were made as comfortable as possible."
"When they built Willow Wood, God watched every brick and blessed it, and when they picked the nurses and doctors and volunteers, he blessed them too."